Supporting student success through access, diversity and engagement



International Student Support & Services

Student Visa Maintaining
After granting Non-Immigrant: Education Class or Non-ED (as described in Information About > Admissions > International Admission > How to get visa), students have to maintain their visa as follows :


Visa Extension
Be aware, only the letter of acceptance from the university doesn’t verify that you are a student. Therefore, Non-ED is valid only for 90 days when you first enter to Thailand.


For a single-entry visa holder:
The date printed on visa label is the date which you must use to enter Thailand. It is not the date that you are allowed to stay.  After your arrival, your period of stay is determined by the Immigration Office at the checkpoint. Normally, it will be valid only for 90 days when you first enter to Thailand.


Please carefully check the date on the stamp, as it is the date which you should get an extension of your staying period.


Within these 90 days, you have to register and pay tuition fee at the university.  Consequently, at least 30 days in advance before your visa expiration, you have to submit a copy of your passport (personal page and visa stamped page) to International Affairs (IA) in order to issue a confirmation letter about your study and registration. Then, you can use the confirmation letter to apply, in person, for visa extension at the Office of Immigration Bureau.  In addition, you need to prepare extra documents upon the requests from the Immigration Office.  Basically, IA will prepare an extension documents and a map for you.


This time, you should be granted a visa for one-year stay or until the rest of your study period. The visa extension for the following year is also in the same technical procedures.


How to get the supporting letter of stay permit extension


For a multiple-entry visa holder:
This type of visa allows you to travel in and out of the country several times, until the date of visa on the label is expired, without the need of a re-entry permit.  Every time you leave and return, your period of stay is extended for 90 days or as shown on the immigration stamp upon each return.  To extend this type of visa, you have to leave and return before each 90 days is over. You should be careful, if you extend your period of stay with the same method of a single-entry visa, your multiple-entry visa will automatically change to a single-entry visa.

The 90 Days Notification
At the checkpoint of entry in Thailand, the 90 Days Notification card is tagged into your passport. You need to notify, either in person or by posting, the Immigration Bureau every 90 days and tell them your current address. It’s a very simple form you have to fill in with free of charge. Later, you will get a slip noting the next appointment date.


Again, the next notification is also in the same technically procedures.

How to do the 90 days notification.

1. Report in person at the Immigration office with original passport.

2. Report by registered mail

(Must be done at least 15 days before the due date of notification)

  • Photocopy of passport pages with following pages
    • Front page showing name / surname / Passport Number
    • Current visa
    • Last entry stamp of immigration
    • Last extension of visa
    • Photocopy of departure card TM.6
    • Previous notifications of staying over 90 days (if any)
    • Completely filled in and signed notification form TM. 47 (Do not forget to sign your name)
    • Envelope with 10 Baht stamp affixed and return address of foreigner for the officer in charge to send back the lower part of form TM. 47 after having received the notification. •This part must be kept for reference and for future notifications of staying over 90 days.
    • The above mentioned documents must be sent by registered mail and the receipt of the registration kept by the foreigner.

Send the mail before the renewal date 15 days to

Chalermprakiat Government Complex

3. Report online via the Immigration Bureau (Only for second notification onwards) link

(Must be done at least 15 days but not less than 7 days before the due date of notification)


  • The notification must be made within 15 days before or after 7 days; the period of 90 Days expires.
  • 90 Days Report is NOT a visa extension.
  • The process can be done by person at the Immigration Office.
  • If students leave the country and then re-enter, the counting of the next 90 days period will start from the day of entry.
  • A fine 2,000 THB will be charged if students stay in the country over 90 days without notifying the Immigration Bureau later than the specified period.